A good billing manager needs to select, engage and retain top talent and coach and performance manage them while maximising effective selling and recruiting time. They need to manage their team’s pipeline and deal with a wide range of account issues, provide support with internal challenges, and deliver effective performance reviews that take account of the different levels of experience and motivation across the team.
Our new billing manager programme is designed around 3 core competencies and can be run in 3 x one day sessions or 6 x half day sessions.
- Explore the mindset and skills needed to manage successfully, balancing the team, the business and own priorities.
- Understand management styles and recognise core strengths and development points.
- The “new” manager profile in 2023
- The role of a manager
- The Tripartite relationship – managing upwards and downwards
- Management styles
- Time management
- Goal Setting
- Scheduling & day plans
- Managing distractions
- Develop a coaching approach to create self-sufficient teams
- Deliver effective feedback based on levels of skill and motivation
- Motivate your team members to create engaged teams
- The Science of Coaching
- Pre & Post event coaching
- The GROWTH model
- Coaching toolkit
- Skill vs Will vs Motivation
- Supporting new starters
- Delivering Feedback
- Effective Communication
Managing The Business
- Create a plan to align processes, people, and performance.
- Tackle underperformance and deliver effective monthly and weekly reviews
- Develop team inclusivity and high levels of engagement
- Setting targets
- KPIs and managing performance
- Running weekly & monthly reviews
- Engagement & Culture
- Hiring & Interviewing
- Diversity & Inclusion
“A very informative course that had a nice balance of theory and practical work.”Harry DickinsonMacildowie